1. The stars will help us to meet people, connect with greater depth, and show our appreciation
- Sun is in Scorpio (October 23-November 22): Scorpio is the sign of depth, intimacy, and extremes of feeling. This means we gotta cut the small talk and get real. This is a great time to get to know people.
- Mercury is in Libra (August 27-November 2): When Mercury is in Libra, we are diplomatic and friendly- confirming this is the perfect season to get out more and make new friends!
- Venus is in Virgo (October 8-November 8): When Venus is in Virgo, we tend to express our love through practical means and gestures like running errands, doing detail work, or just being there for our loved ones<3
- OK OK, we get it! Pumpkin spice lattes are DA BOMB! But even better is the underrated “Pure Pumpkin” from Coffee Bean. This party in your mouth has the consistency of a milkshake and the taste of a pie. If you haven’t tried it already, you simply have to.
- Fruit in season- We often forget about fruits being in or out of season but it actually does make a difference for your wallet and for your taste buds! Fall is primetime for some great favorites: apples, beets, cranberries, pears and pomegranates.
- October 28- National Chocolate Day
- October 30- National Candy Corn Day AND National Breadstick Day
- November 5- National Doughnut Day
- November 14- National Spicy Guacamole Day
3. Television is at its finest
If you’re like me and have no life, fall is your favorite season for one reason- your shows are back. Here are the shows on my watchlist 🙂
- American Horror Story: Hotel
- The Blacklist
- The Good Wife
- Vampire Diaries
- How to Get Away With Murder
4. Wardrobe opportunities
Earth toned clothing is the staple of fall. But what does this mean for your image? Here’s some psychology
- Appear trustworthy (wear clear earthy colors combined with navy or medium blue). Clear earth tones (such as tan, camel, yellowed beige) appear warm, open and down-to-earth giving the impression of dependability and credibility.
- Appear calm and reassuring (wear pastels, green) Pastel colors are unassuming, quiet and diplomatic, calmly deflecting criticism. Green is a balanced color which gives the impression of peacefulness and orderliness. Muted warm colors such as earth tones are centered and down-to-earth.
- Appear friendly and approachable (wear clear earth tones, light yellow and clear colors in warmer hues) Clear earth tones (in particular mid-brown, beige, camel and tan) are warm, friendly and approachable. Light yellow is highly visible and therefore sociable, but not as demanding as bright yellow. Clear warm colors (such as coral, sunflower yellow, peach) are non-threatening and open, particularly if they are light